- Bachelor of Arts, English Literature, 1982
- Diploma of Tuina, 2007
- Diploma of Qigong, 2008
- Bachelor of Health Science, Acupuncture, 2009
- Foundational Moves
- Perineal Steaming
- Pelvic Opening
- Living Ligaments 1
- Holistic Pulsing Foundations, Level 1 & 2, 2005
- Japanese Acupuncture Techniques; Cupping, Bloodletting & Home Therapies, Manaka Protocols, 2008
- Touch for Health 1 & 2, 2008
- 5 Element Approach to Treatment, 2009
- Dr Tan’s Balance Method, 2011
- Manaka Protocols & Specialised Japanese Acupuncture Series, 2011
- Japanese Acupuncture for Psycho-Emotional Problems, 2012
- Kiiko Matsumoto Style Acupuncture, Treating the Tan Tien & Fertility, 2012
- Dr Tan’s Global Balance & Zang Fu Disorders, 2012
- Mastery of Palpation, The Art of Diagnosis + Master Nagano, T. Shimamura & S Hokazono, 2014
- Hands On Treatment with Kiiko Matsumoto & Monika Kobylecka, 2014
- The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy, Level 1 Self Care, 2015
- Foundations of IST + Pain Treatment, Dr Masaaki Nakano, 2016
- Musculoskeletal Mastery & Motor Point Integration, 2018
- Zhu Ming Qing Scalp Acupuncture, 2019
- Korean Hand Acupuncture, 2019
- Kiiko Matsumoto Style Acupuncture, Online Theoretical Essentials, 2020
Acupuncture has been a second half of life career for me.
In the first half, I gave birth naturally to two children. The first time was medically interfered with and by me in terms of my fear. The birth of my second child was amazingly empowered and almost spiritual experience.
When the children were older, I worked in the corporate sector and totally burned myself out and had an inevitable mid-life crisis! This led me to explore different healing modalities and where I stumbled upon acupuncture and was hooked from the first session! Having recently split from my 26-year marriage and at a major crossroads, I threw myself into studying acupuncture.
Having completed my acupuncture degree and diploma’s, I was still not satisfied that I had what I needed to really help people and see lasting results – you can see all the post graduate training I have done!
The Kiiko Matsumoto Style (KMS) of acupuncture is the one I continue to love using. It involves palpating the body and especially the belly for diagnosis and treatment. The client and practitioner both experience seeing and feeling the release of tension or pain on reflex areas after a few needles have been inserted. This method treats the constitution of the person as well as the main complaint. The results are instantaneous – no waiting for a week to find out if the treatment helped!
I have recently been studying and using Heather’s Gentling Way work and have been impressed at how my clients have made significant transformational leaps in their health since including these hands-on methods. They love the massage and the fact that I now use far less needles and in some cases none! The massage moves lymph, Qi, Blood and Damp at a very deep level and has a lasting effect. It also moves stuck emotions and helps people move on emotionally in their lives. I encourage my clients to continue the self-care massage at home to continue supporting the body’s natural healing system.
I live and work in Waikanae, Kapiti Coast, New Zealand. My interests include gym classes, jogging, table tennis, e-biking, yoga, reflecting, meditating, being in nature, spending time with family and grandchildren … and continually learning!